You can cancel MyCheckFree.com e-bill service on this page.
Keep the following points in mind if you cancel your e-bill service:
- You will no longer be able to make online payments using MyCheckFree as your payment option.
- Scheduled payments, including automatic payments, will not be paid.
- Any payments that are in process when you cancel your service will be paid.
- You no longer have access to your payment activity, and you can no longer send payment inquiries. You should print a copy of the Payment Activity page to keep for your records before you cancel your service.
- Wait until all of your payments that are in process are paid. If you don't wait, you will not be able to view or to make inquiries about your payments.
- After you cancel your service, your billers are notified to stop sending e-bills. It can sometimes take a few days for billers to process these requests. Until you begin receiving paper statements again, you should contact each biller directly about your payment amount and payment due date. Because you cannot send your payments using MyCheckFree.com after you cancel your service, you should pay your billers by some other means, such as mailing a check.
- If you decide to use MyCheckFree.com again, you will have to sign up and set up your biller accounts.
If you only want to cancel e-bill service with an individual biller, go to the E-bills page, and then click Delete for that biller.
To cancel your MyCheckFree.com service:
- Go to your profile and click My Service.
The My Service page opens.
- Review the information in the Service Options section.
- Click Cancel Your Service.
The Cancel MyCheckFree.com Confirmation page opens.
- Click Yes if you are sure you want to cancel your MyCheckFree.com service.